The ETIAS application is expected to take about 10 minutes to fill out. It will be online so you will not have to go through paperwork. Depending on the country of citizenship that you choose, it will present you with several fields to fill. You must give the following information:
1. Biometric information such as:
2. Information regarding your citizenship
3. Email and phone number
4. Education and work experience
5. First EU country you intend to visit
6. Background and eligibility questions which will inquire about your medical condition, travel to war countries or
places where you were deported or rejected, as well as criminal records
7. For minors, the legal guardian must apply for ETIAS
8. For family members of EU citizens from other countries, you must submit proof of relationship, residence card, and other
When you complete the application, you will have to pay the fee and submit it. The system will do the following:
Check if the information you gave was correct
Check your eligibility
Check your risk factors
If what you filled out on the application form is correct, and you are eligible and not risky for the ETIAS, then you will be approved. This whole procedure is expected to be completed in only a few minutes.
However, if there is a hit from the ETIAS, the application will be manually processed. The manual processing is expected to take about 96 hours (4 days), or a maximum of 2 weeks.
The ETIAS will not burden your finances a lot. It is planned to have the ETIAS cost only €7 for each application. This is only valid for adults over 18 years old, as those under 18 will not have to pay any fees. You can pay the fee by debit or credit card. Immediately after you complete the payment, the ETIAS authorization will start processing.